I want to take a moment to thank all the people at the ICBDA convention in Lakeland, FL this past week. I greatly appreciate all the kind words of support, and the personal stories you shared with me about how intolerance and homophobia have impacted someone you know and love.
Several of you asked about the text of my remarks. The full text can be found here: MY REMARKS
Many of you also asked about additional resources for Lesbian and Gay youth.
- THE TREVOR PROJECT – Resources for preventing suicide among Gay and Lesbian youth
- IT GETS BETTER – Video messages to young people about hope for a better future
- PFLAG – Parent, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
- GBLT National Help Center
- A list of resources for Lesbian and Gay youth struggling with their spirituality
- The Huffington Post – Books for Gay Teens
These are but a few of the myriad resources available today. If you have someone in your life that you think needs help, please do not hestitate. Too many young lives have been lost to hatred. Sometimes all it takes to save a life is to know that someone cares. You are that person.
Feel free to contact me directly. I will be happy to offer any assistance I can. CONTACT RICHARD
Thank you all again for your kind words, emails and phone calls. It's good to be home.